A professional project manager, such as your architect or a general builder, will add between 10% and 15% to your build costs.
But if you can spare the cash, they will use their training, contacts and experience to ensure the build goes as smoothly as possible. They may even end up saving you cash by streamlining the process.
What will a project manager do?
- Apply the building drawings on site.
- Find, book and pay tradesmen.
- Run the site. This involves managing health and safety and other considerations, like toilets, storage and fencing.
- Organise and oversee deliveries.
- Communicate with inspectors.